We often come across the problem where we connect our iPhone to a computer and iPhone ( any series inclduing iPhone x, xs max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro max) not detected by iTunes error pops up. There is nothing great to panic so much. Just a minor kind of error and the solution is very easy.
In this article, we will be sharing a full step by step guide to fix this iPhone Not detected error.
Introduction to iTunes
iTunes is a versatile player that has many functions like media player, media library, Internet Radio Broadcaster. Apple Inc. developed and owns the iTunes. The program is written in C++ . Works well with Windows and Mac. Such situations generally arise due to unknown error or 0xE error. Other reasons can be a problem with a lightning cable, USB Port, software issues. Before starting with how to resolve the issue of the iPhone not detected by iTunes we should brief knowledge about its reasons.
Reasons for iPhone not detected by iTunes issue
- The issue with the lightning cable or USB Port
There is a pretty good number of chances that the lighting cable is damaged. So try using other lightening cable and also check the USB port of your computer. Sometimes the lightning cable is clogged with debris. Clean it with an anti-static brush or an unused new toothbrush.
- MFi- Certification
MFi- Certification is a “seal of approval” for iPhone cables. Non-MFi- certified cables are dangerous to your iPhone as they tend to damage and can cause overheating. MFi- Certified cable may cost you a bit more but gives you a guaranteed performance.
- Problem with Software
You may be using the old version of iTunes. If you are Mac user, then go to App Store and click on Updates and further if iTunes update is available then click Update and get your iTunes updated. Also, if you are Windows user, then go to the Help tab then Check for Updates and further follow the on-screen prompts if an update for iTunes is available.
- Restart your iPhone
Sometimes there is a minor software issue which we do not understand. It can be easily resolved by turning off your iPhone and restarting it.
- Trust This Computer
When you connect your iPhone to PC for the first time it asks you for Trust permission. Always grant permission to connect the iPhone to your PC. If you have accidentally denied the request, then go to Settings < General < Reset < Reset Location and Privacy.
How to Fix iPhone not detected by iTunes Error
So, here are the steps to fix this problem.
- The easiest solution is to restart your iPhone, Mac, iOS device.
- Software is up to date.
- Ensure that you are using the latest version of iTunes. If you are not, then you are prone to encounter some common errors.
- Always use MFi certified connecting cables. Check the connecting cable before use.
- When you connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod to Windows or Mac, it always asks for “Trust this computer”. Grant permission. And in case you have denied then visit settings and correct it.
- Make sure that no other device is connected to USB Port while you connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod to Windows or Mac.
- Sometimes you may come across a scenario where your PC fails to detect your iPhone. In this situation try connecting your iPhone with other PC.
- Ensure that your connected device is turned ON.
- Close all the running programs.
- Turn OFF the security software for time being when you connect your iPhone to PC because sometimes this security software prevents iPhone from be recognized by Windows or PC.
- Make sure that your iPhone is unlocked. It is showing the Home Screen.
- Wait for some time while your PC connects to iPhone.
- It should be made sure that the iPhone icon visible on My Computer is an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and not a folder or imaging device.
If all the above ways fail and still iPhone not detected by iTunes prevails, then follow the below mentioned ways:
1. For Mac User
Step 1: Go to Option Key click on Apple Menu then choose System Information or System.
Step 2: Select USB cable from the list.
Step 3: If you see iPhone, iPad or iPod under USB Device the turn OFF the security software. Sometimes this security software prevents iDevice from connecting with PC.
This solves your problem of iPhone not detected by iTunes.
2. For Windows User
It is generally an issue with Apple Mobile Device USB Driver. Follow the below steps and reinstall the Apple Mobile USB Driver.
Step 1: Unplug your iPhone, iPad, iPod from your PC.
Step 2: Reconnect your iDevice and if iTunes opens the close it.
Step 3: Open Run Command.
Step 4: Copy the following location to Run Window and click OK.
%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
Step 5: Select usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf and install it.
Step 6: Disconnect your iPhone. Then restart your PC.
Step 7: Re-plug your iDevice and open iTunes.
iPhone not detected by iTunes is resolved.
3. For Mac User
Step 1: Check your USB Connection. Examine sockets for dust. If there is some issue, then try connecting with different USB Ports or different USB Cables.
Step 2: Ensure that you have granted permission for Trust pop-up.
Step 3: Restart your Mac and iDevice.
Step 4: Check the software updates on Mac.
Step 5: If security software possesses a problem then turn it OFF.
This solves your problem of iPhone not detected by iTunes.
4. Uninstall iTunes
There are chances that your iTunes is corrupted. The only way to resolve this problem is to completely uninstall it. But before uninstalling backup your data in iCloud and keep it safe. Since iTunes is a protected app so there are ways to uninstall it. You cannot uninstall it like other apps. Uninstall it either with CleanMyMac or Terminal.
The Bottom Line
iPhone not detected by iTunes is a general problem and there is nothing as such to panic about it. There are simple ways to resolve it. In case you face any difficulty then contact us, we would be very happy to help you out.